drummond street services loves to host work experience and student placements and/or volunteers. These positions are highly sought after and we try to accommodate as many as we can (however there is a limit!) We see this as a great opportunity to provide people with positive experiences that enable them to navigate employment and career pathways, but also to help us out whereby our little non-for-profit could use some extra expertise!
As part of our commitment to building the communities we work in, we prioritise those who are of:
- Diverse cultural, ‘racial’, ethnic and religious backgrounds
- Refugee and humanitarian entrant backgrounds
- Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI+)
- specific expertise in a particular area that we need further resources for
Please fill out the application below!
All applications are reviewed with consideration of current opportunities, our capacity and your supervision requirements. Your completed form will be held securely and confidentially.
Requirements of all students over 18
Please note that it is a legal requirement that all people (aged 18 and over) having contact with young people must provide the following documents prior to commencing a placement with us. It is the responsibility of the student to secure these prior to their placement commencing.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police Check
Next steps, our process
- We will consider your application within a 14 days
- If we have capacity to accept this placement or your interest to volunteer we will contact you for an interview
If you have any queries when completing this application form, please phone 03 9663 6733 or e-mail email@example.com