What is it?
WithRespect is a specialist LGBTIQ+ family violence service funded by the Victorian government. This service is a partnership between four organisations, Queerspace/drummong street, Transgender Victoria, Thorne-Harbour Health and Switchboard.
Who is it for?
- LGBTIQ+ people who are, may be, or at risk of experiencing family violence or intimate partner violence and;
- LGBTIQ+ people who are, think they may be, or at risk of using violence against a family member/s or partner.
What does it look like?
WithRespect offers the following services:
- counselling, case management and recovery programs for LGBTIQ+ victim/survivors of family violence and;
- programs for LGBTIQ+ people using violence with the goal that they stop using violence and abuse.
- referrals to and support accessing appropriate local services.
When and Where?
A WithRespect staff member will connect you with the closest specialised family violence service. Those in metropolitan Melbourne will be put in direct contact with WithRespect services. Individuals and families in regional and rural areas where WithRespect services may not be easily accessible will be linked in to their nearest LGBTIQ+ inclusive specialist service.
How do I make an appointment?
LGBTIQ+, their family or friends, who are affected by family violence can contact WithRespect directly on 1800 542 847 during business hours, Monday – Friday.
After hours counselling is available on Wednesday, between 5pm and 11pm, and on Saturday and Sunday, between 3pm and 10pm.
Services working with LGBTIQ+ communities, their families or friends who are affected by family violence can refer people for Intake and Referral for support via 1800 542 847, or fax 03 9639 3363.