What is it?
WithRespect is a specialist LGBTIQA+ family violence service funded by the Victorian government.
WithRespect provides resources, tips and advice for LGBTIQA+ people on having and maintaining healthy relationships. We also provide support for LGBTIQ+ people of all ages and their families experiencing difficulty in their relationships, including family violence.
Who is it for?
- LGBTIQA+ people who are, may be, or at risk of experiencing family violence or intimate partner violence and;
- LGBTIQA+ people who are, think they may be, or at risk of using violence against a family member/s or partner.
- Professionals looking for referral pathways or resources
- Community Members looking for resources, support or more information
What does it look like?
WithRespect offers the following services:
- counselling, case management and recovery programs for LGBTIQA+ victim/survivors of family violence and;
- programs for LGBTIQA+ people using violence with the goal that they stop using violence and abuse.
- referrals to and support accessing appropriate local services.
When and Where?
If you live outside Victoria, a WithRespect staff member will connect you with the closest specialised family violence service. Those in metropolitan Melbourne will be put in direct contact with WithRespect services. Individuals and families in regional and rural areas where WithRespect services may not be easily accessible will be linked in to their nearest LGBTIQA+ inclusive specialist service or can access services via online ZOOM sessions where possible.
How do I make an appointment?
LGBTIQA+, their family or friends, who are affected by family violence can contact WithRespect directly on 1800 542 847 during business hours, Monday – Friday.
Services working with LGBTIQA+ communities, their families or friends who are affected by family violence can refer people for Intake and Referral for support via 1800 542 847, or fax 03 9639 3363.