We are still here and available to run trainings. Watch this space for upcoming announcements about 2021 training calendar, or contact us to enquire about having training run at your workplace.
During COVID restrictions, all trainings will be delivered via Zoom. When restrictions allow us to return to in-person trainings, we will be putting arrangements in place to ensure appropriate physical distancing and hygiene practices.
Queerspace Training, Professional Development and Education
queerspace offer training on an extensive range of topics relevant to working with the LGBTIQ+ / queer communities and their families. We define queer as anyone who identifies in the queer and lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, gender diverse spectrum.
queerspace training offers you more than a basic introduction to a topic. We bring our clinical expertise and lived experiences to the design of all our training, which is underpinned by the following:
- an understanding of the systemic barriers facing queer, trans and gender diverse people and their families
- an appreciation of the intersectional experiences of queer, trans and gender diverse people who are First Nations, live with a disability and/or are of multi-faiths and cultures
- current research
- a range of tailored activities
We offer training on (but not limited to):
- Working with families with trans and gender diverse children and young people
- Queer Feminist Practice in LGBTIQ+ Family and Intimate Partner Violence
- Managing Risk with LGBTIQ+ Clients
- Alcohol and Other Drug use in LGBTIQ+ communities
- Advocacy with clients from LGBTIQ+ communities
- Rainbow Family work
- Supporting LGBTIQ+ and gender diverse students in education settings (primary and secondary)
When you attend a queerspace training you will leave with
- A deeper appreciation of the language, terms and definitions used
- Evidence-based information on the topic
- Awareness of current research to support your evidence-based practice
- Practical knowledge and skills to improve and develop your inclusive practice
- Contacts and referral information for LGBTIQ+ social, support and advocacy community organisations
View our calendar for upcoming training dates.
The fee for each half day training session is $90 per person plus GST.
For registrations of three or more people from one workplace a discounted fee may apply.
Costs for workplace professional development and secondary consultation are set at a sliding scale depending on the type of service or sector. Please contact queerspace via our online request form to register your interest in professional development or consulting services.
Please contact our queerspace training and consultancy services coordinator with any further questions or queries: email@example.com