Our staff at queerspace has extensive professional expertise in engaging with trans and gender diverse community members, with parents and carers with children and young people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, with rainbow families where one or more parents, carer or co-parents are LGBTIQ or gender diverse.
Consultation support provided to individual practitioners or workplaces addressing but not limited to:
- Language and terms including intake and assessment forms, marketing and promotional material, online and web-based material, policies and procedures, employment and recruitment, review of current intake and assessment forms, audit skills and developing workplace-specific, review of internal and external data collection and needs.
- Family-centred practice
- Trans, gender diverse and non-binary clients including supporting workplace transition, advice on policies and procedures for supporting clients who are transitioning.
- Working with families with trans and gender diverse children including supporting TGD children and young people in educational settings and writing an individual learning plan for TGD children and young people.
- Understanding risk when working with the LGBTIQ communities: including understanding risk in the context of the history of psychiatric practices and psychologies that have contributed to the pathologizing of sex and gender diversity, how past experiences of practice might manifest for many trans and gender diverse people seeking mental health, responding to risk and promoting safety for trans and gender diverse clients, supporting organisations to come to a stance on queer and LGBTI inclusive practice
- Working with queer families including through family formation, parenting, relationships, separation and re-forming, specific terms and languages, social and support information.
how to make your service rainbow family-friendly, supporting rainbow families in educational settings.
- Client advocacy including Advocacy Plan development support for working with complex queer and LGBTI clients and their families.
- Supporting your staff including advice on supporting varying or specific needs of queer and LGBTI staff, advice on policies and procedures for supporting staff who are transitioning at work.
Request Our Consultancy Service
Our Queerspace consultancy service can be tailored to your workforce development needs. Complete our online request form and our Queerspace training and consultancy services coordinator will contact you within three working days to discuss your request further.
Please contact our queerspace training and consultancy services coordinator with any further questions or queries: email@example.com